Since the Covid-19 pandemic started, the issue of the Employer's responsibility to its employees has been much discussed, but no specific guidance has been provided by the State as to what is actually required by the Employer. Accordingly, this lack of direction has...
Legal Strategies Serving Clients
From The Boardroom To The Courtroom
What Every Contractor Needs To Know About The Illinois Employee Classification Act To Avoid Having The State Impose Severe Penalties
The Illinois Employee Classification Act, 820 ILCS 185/1, applies to all contractors who pays any person to perform any construction work in the State of Illinois. 1) In order to avoid liability, the Contractor needs to prove that the independent contractor (party...
- In Order to Avoid Liability, the Employer Should Maintain and Enforce Safety Standards to Protect its Employees from Covid-19
- CERTIFIED PAYROLLS NOW TO BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
- SBA LOANS AVAILABLE FROM THE COVID-19 CARES STIMULUS PACKAGE
- New Illinois Law For 2020, Requires All Employers To Provide Sexual Harassment Prevention Training
- When Buying Property, Always Perform Your Own Document and Physical Inspection