In a recent case, the Buyer of a business along with its real Property refused to pay the Broker for finding and presenting the Buyer with the sale of the Property. The Property was not listed on the MLS. The Broker found the Property which is considered to be an...
Progressive, Innovative Answers
To Your Most Complex Legal Challenges
This construction blog post discusses whether work performed upon the Property, is either a trade fixture (not lienable) or a permanent improvement (lienable) pursuant to the Illinios Mechanic Lien Act. In determining whether material or equipement ("Work") installed...
In a recent case involving a Public entity, a General Contractor and a subcontractor/lien claimant, the issue of an indemnity clause revealed that the General Contractor may have unlimited liability to the Public Entity. In the case, the Public Entity...
What Every Contractor Needs To Know About The Illinois Employee Classification Act To Avoid Having The State Impose Severe Penalties
The Illinois Employee Classification Act, 820 ILCS 185/1, applies to all contractors who pays any person to perform any construction work in the State of Illinois. 1) In order to avoid liability, the Contractor needs to prove that the independent contractor (party...
- PARTITION OF REAL ESTATE IS AN OPTION WHEN PEOPLE DO NOT HAVE A WRITTEN AGREEMENT TO DEAL WITH PROPERTY ISSUES
- In Order to Avoid Liability, the Employer Should Maintain and Enforce Safety Standards to Protect its Employees from Covid-19
- CERTIFIED PAYROLLS NOW TO BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
- SBA LOANS AVAILABLE FROM THE COVID-19 CARES STIMULUS PACKAGE
- New Illinois Law For 2020, Requires All Employers To Provide Sexual Harassment Prevention Training